- 1 1/3 cups flour (sift or stir before measuring)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1 egg (beaten)
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1 1/2 cups cooked minced lobster meat
- 8 cups of oil for deep fryer (or enough to reach fill line)
- Heat the oil in the deep fryer to 370 F
- Sift the dry ingredients together: flour, baking powder, salt, paprika. This ensures they are well-mixed.
- Combine the beaten egg and milk; stir in the lobster.
- Add the wet mixture to the dry ingredients and mix until well blended.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls into hot deep fat (370 F) and fry until golden brown, about 4 to 6 minutes.
- Remove the fritters to a plate lined with a paper towel to drain.
- Be sure that the oil returns up to the temperature between each batch you fry.
- You can keep the fritters warm in a preheated 200 F oven as you are making them if you plan to serve them all at once. This is especially a good idea if you are making a larger batch.
Serve with lemon wedges.
What can you serve as a dipping sauce? Tartar sauce is one idea but also think about a herb mayonnaise such as basil mayonnaise or a truffle-herb mayonnaise. I personally like plum sauce mixed with a hint of mayo and olive oil.
Do whatever feels good to you.
-Recipes Auspicious Living Magazine